Fun and Creative 4th of July Party DIYs for Families and Kids
Riddle me this: What is something that’s red, white, blue, and green?
The answer: A seasick Uncle Sam!
Happy Fourth of July from the Name Bubbles team! For those who celebrate, the 4th of July is one of the best days of the summer. For our fellow parents, it’s a day off of work and an opportunity to soak up the Sun and warm July weather with your family members. For your kids, it’s an exciting event that’s most likely full of delicious snacks, activities, fireworks, and perhaps even a splash in the pool.
Parents, if you’re looking for the ultimate guide to making your Fourth of July memorable and extra special for your little ones, here are a few of our favorite ideas.
Idea #1: Red, White & Blue Yogurt Bark
Looking for a healthy yet delicious treat that’ll keep your little ones cool for the summer? Try our red, white, and blue yogurt bark! This recipe is super festive for the 4th, but it’s also oh-so-quick and easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- A roll of parchment paper
- A large baking sheet
- A tub of vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 handful of granola
- 2 tsp of star sprinkles
- Step one: Prep your baking sheet by laying down a sheet of parchment paper. Make sure your paper covers the entirety of the baking sheet so the yogurt won’t be stuck to any unwanted surfaces.
- Next, spread a thick and generous layer of yogurt onto the parchment paper!
- Sprinkle on top of the spread layer yogurt the fruits! For younger kids, try dicing your strawberries, and for an added crunch, we love granola. This is completely optional, but how festive are these star sprinkles? We recommend adding the sprinkles for a fun bonus touch!
- Next, place the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze the yogurt overnight.
- In the morning, take your tray out, peel the layer of frozen yogurt off the parchment paper, and break it into smaller sizes for the perfect 4th of July treat.
Your kids will love how refreshing and delicious their festive yogurt bark is, and you’ll be seriously obsessed with how easy it is to make! For us, that’s a win-win situation.
For the video tutorial, check out our Instagram here.
Idea #2: Family T-Shirt Decorating Contest
Growing up, one of my best friends and her family were known for their annual 4th of July t-shirt decorating contest. They would all purchase plain white t-shirts along with fabric markers and paint in the colors red, white, and blue. On the 4th of July, they would gather together and spend the afternoon decorating their t-shirts, and at the end of the night, there would be an anonymous vote on who had the most creative shirt design.
This is a great activity or craft idea to do with your family! While you may or may not make decorating your t-shirts into a contest, it’s still a fun way to involve your family in an easy craft.
For this activity, you’ll need:
- Plain white t-shirts for each member of your family
- Fabric markers
- Fabric paint
- Newspaper to lie down to avoid a mess
- (Optional) Pins, patches, stickers, adhesive rhinestones, etc.
- Find a clean and flat surface to lay down newspaper for this DIY. You’ll want enough newspaper to completely cover the surface and prepare a good base for crafting your t-shirts!
- Set up a craft station with the fabric markers, fabric paints, and any added t-shirt accessories. Some kids may love to have pins, patches, stickers, and even adhesive rhinestones to decorate their shirts.
- Be creative and have fun decorating your t-shirts!
Idea #3: Easy Craft for Kids – DIY Firework Art
If you have younger kids who would love to try an easy 4th of July themed craft, try out our firework art! This idea is so simple to pull together and the supplies are readily available at any grocery store or craft store.
For this craft, you’ll need bendable straws, red and blue paint, a white sheet of paper, transparent tape and a paper plate.
For full instructions and demonstration, check out our video tutorial here!
Idea #4: Easy Recipes for an Outdoor Picnic
In a previous blog post, we’ve shared all our tips and tricks for throwing the best outdoor picnic you could easily apply to a 4th of July outdoor celebration.
If you’re looking for more easy and delicious recipes, try our summer bruschetta recipe or host a fun mini pizza party that’ll be an instant hit with kids!
For yummy appetizers, we love our hummus recipe that’s both healthy and delicious.
Happy Fourth of July from Name Bubbles
We hope you and your family love these fun 4th of July ideas! Whether your 4th is spent lounging at the pool with your little ones, having a fun park picnic filled with fireworks, or spent at home barbecuing, we wish you the best time celebrating.
If you try any of these ideas, share with us on social media by tagging @namebubbles - we can’t wait to see what you re-create and try!